Good Evening. A few items to share:
* CPS announced that all CPS will participate in Remote Learning for the duration of the school closure. By declaring a remote learning plan for each school, Remote Learning Days, Remote Learning Planning Days, and Act of God Days count as actual student attendance days. All of these days count toward the minimum length of the school year and absolutely do not need to be made up.
* Budlong's Remote Learning Plan will be designed to help families give structure to their student's day, streamline communication between teacher and home, and keep learning expectations consistent throughout the school closure. We want all our students to be connected to Budlong staff and one another, so they can learn. The plan will be shared with the community the week of April 6.
* Meals continue to be available at Budlong between 9 - 1pm each weekday, at door 9 on the Foster Street side. 470 meal kits were distributed last week. This link also has information on Chicago Food Bank Lookup by Zip Code.
* Chromebooks on loan to date: 55. Please contact your student's teacher if you are in need of a device for Remote Learning.
* Counselor Chmiel is available for students. This is the link to her webpage:
https://budlongcounselingresources.weebly.com/counseling-corner.html and she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Here is part 1 of the #Budlongbeautiful Rainbow Challenge:
http://budlong.cps.edu/ Please scroll down to see the video.
* MAP and IAR standardized tests have been cancelled for the 2019-20 school year.
* Please share my email with any Budlong families who are not on the email list, and ask that they email me so I can add them.
Please tell your students we miss them, and love getting the pictures and videos. It keeps us all connected.
Principal Naomi Nakayama